Innovation in Healthcare Technology: Physicians’ Perspective
Tuesday February 3, 2015
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Innovation in healthcare technology continues to grow at an astonishing pace. Game-changing solutions for diagnosing, monitoring, and treating illnesses are advancing. Disruptive technologies are emerging at an ever increasing pace, holding the promise of more effective and efficient healthcare, and providing opportunities for entrepreneurs. However, due to the shear volume of emerging technologies, it can be difficult to assess which approaches will deliver the greatest benefit.
We have four distinguished panelists who are or have been practicing physicians in their respective specialties: oncology, cardiology, mental health, and orthopedics. Our panelists will discuss a range of topics to illustrate the impact of healthcare technology on their practice of medicine today, as well as their vision for the most important innovations of the next decade. Some of the questions we will ask are: 1) what are the most urgent, unmet needs in your field today? 2) what are the most important innovations that might be enabled over the next 10 years? 3) what improvements have their been in diagnostics and imaging? 4) will stem cells make transplants and joint replacements obsolete? 5) what is the current impact of genomics on personalized medicine and diagnostics? 6) what are the most compelling solutions offered by digital health? 7) how is new technology regulated and how is success measured? 8) does new technology mean healthcare we can’t afford?
Please join us for a lively conversation.
- Dr. Harish Hosalkar, MD., Orthopedic Surgeon
- Scott M. Lippman, MD., Director, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- Dr. Steven Steinhubl, MD., Director of Digital Medicine at Scripps Translational Science Institute and Cardiologist, Scripps Health, Scripps Clinic
- Jon Zifferblatt, MD/MPH, Director, Commercial Trial Leader, Janssen Healthcare Innovation (JHI) Johnson & Johnson
- Moderated by Mitchell Mutz, Ph.D, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Amplyx Pharmaceuticals
NOTE: Prior to the panel, Rory Moore, CEO, EvoNexus will talk about the alliance between TiE and CommNexus and EvoNexus incubator in San Diego and Orange County.
6:00pm – Indian Appetizers & Networking
6:45pm – Indian Dinner and Networking
7:00pm – Rory Moore
7:30pm – Panel
8:30pm – Question & Answer Session
9:00pm – Event Ends
- On-line: TiE Student Members: $20, TiE Members: $25, Non-members: $35
- On-site: TiE Student Members: $25, TiE Members: $30, Non-members: $40
3210 Merryfield Row
San Diego, 92121
For more information about TiE please click here.